[Pharo-project] Metacello - the missing information??

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sun Feb 7 18:51:07 EST 2010

Dale,

IMHO, class comments would be far less important than helpful entry points and/or a brain dead simple façade interface to the whole thing (call it Loader or whatever else you care to provide).  As a could/should-be beta tester of Pharo, I don't so much care how Metacello works as how I am expected to use it.

In my own code, I sometimes write class comments, but what I do a LOT is comment inside methods, tagging them with mm-yy[*].  In porting some code to Pharo, I was saved in a big way by some comments from several years ago.  There were some long-standing (and previously undetected) bugs in it, and I would have had a hard time fixing them w/o those comments.

Bill

[*] yes, I use two-digit years for it - shoot me, perferably before 2093 or so when the dates will start to be become ambiguous<g>