[Pharo-project] Conseils for develop a grid

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Feb 7 13:46:13 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 07, 2010 at 09:56:54AM -0800, nullPointer wrote:

> Exists the posibility of load data in another thread? When i try that get a
> huge rectangle red with a yellow cross. Is possible attach the UI from
> another thread?

Yes you can use another thread (Process). But when that process does
something with the user interface, it must be synchronized using
#addDeferredUIMessage: otherwise you will have error like the red X.

Your data loading thread can do something like this:

   WorldState addDeferredUIMessage: ['this is my data' inspect]

Dave