[Pharo-project] [update 1.1] #11194

Henrik Sperre Johansen henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no
Fri Feb 5 12:19:05 EST 2010


On 05.02.2010 18:05, Yanni Chiu wrote:
> Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>    
>> -  Issue 1932:	UTF8TextConverter ??
>> 		Latin1TextConverter initializeLatin1Encodings.
>> 		MacRomanTextConverter initializeLatin1Encodings. thanks nicolas/henrik
>>      
> I still see the same/similar problem.
>
> Try this code in a PharoCore-1.1-11184-UNSTABLE image:
>
> | latin1 utf8 |
> index := 127.
> latin1 := String with: (Character value: index).
> utf8 := latin1 convertToWithConverter: UTF8TextConverter new.
>
> It works. Then try it with the lastest updates loaded. You should get an
> emergency evaluator.
>
> I changed:
>
> ByteString class>>initialize
> 	"ByteString initialize"
> 	| latin1 utf8 |
> 	NonAsciiMap := ByteArray new: 256.
>
> 	1 to: 256 do:[:i|
> 		i<= 128 ifTrue:[
> 			NonAsciiMap at: i put: 0. "valid ascii subset"
> 		] ifFalse:[
> 			NonAsciiMap at: i put: 1. "extended charset"
> 	
> 		].
> 	].
>
> Notice the "i<= 128" vs. "i<  128". That fixes it, but now the concept
> of NonAsciiMap is wrong. I'm not sure what the final fix should be.
>
>    
No, that's me making an off-by-one error :S
The i <= 128 is correct.






More information about the Pharo-dev mailing list