[Pharo-project] [update 1.1] #11194

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Fri Feb 5 12:13:45 EST 2010


Thanks for the feedback

stef

On Feb 5, 2010, at 6:05 PM, Yanni Chiu wrote:

> Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>> -  Issue 1932:	UTF8TextConverter ??
>> 		Latin1TextConverter initializeLatin1Encodings.
>> 		MacRomanTextConverter initializeLatin1Encodings. thanks nicolas/henrik
> 
> I still see the same/similar problem.
> 
> Try this code in a PharoCore-1.1-11184-UNSTABLE image:
> 
> | latin1 utf8 |
> index := 127.
> latin1 := String with: (Character value: index).
> utf8 := latin1 convertToWithConverter: UTF8TextConverter new.
> 
> It works. Then try it with the lastest updates loaded. You should get an 
> emergency evaluator.
> 
> I changed:
> 
> ByteString class>>initialize
> 	"ByteString initialize"
> 	| latin1 utf8 |
> 	NonAsciiMap := ByteArray new: 256.
> 
> 	1 to: 256 do:[:i|
> 		i <= 128 ifTrue:[
> 			NonAsciiMap at: i put: 0. "valid ascii subset"
> 		] ifFalse:[
> 			NonAsciiMap at: i put: 1. "extended charset"
> 	
> 		].
> 	].
> 
> Notice the "i <= 128" vs. "i < 128". That fixes it, but now the concept 
> of NonAsciiMap is wrong. I'm not sure what the final fix should be.
> 
> -- 
> Yanni
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Pharo-project mailing list
> Pharo-project at lists.gforge.inria.fr
> http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pharo-project





More information about the Pharo-dev mailing list