[Pharo-project] Morphic cleaning

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 09:58:10 EST 2010

If I were you I would use the refactoring browser (load the latest
code, I just found and fixed a bug related to sent-messages
calculation) for that:

For Morphic this takes about 1 second on my system and finds over 600
unsent messages:

   rule := RBImplementedNotSentRule new.
   rule runOnEnvironment: (BrowserEnvironment new
       forPackageNames: #('Morphic'))

And for the complete system about 750 ms and finds over 4500 unsent
messages (not counting tests, because they are all unsent). Obviously
iterating through a package is the most expensive thing in this whole
process:

   rule := RBImplementedNotSentRule new.
   rule runOnEnvironment: BrowserEnvironment new
       forPackageNames: #('Morphic'))

To open a browser on the result evaluate:

   rule open

Note, that opening a browser on that many methods can is slow.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch