[Pharo-project] readOnlyFileNamed:do: vs. ...

Henrik Sperre Johansen henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no
Thu Feb 4 16:02:25 EST 2010

On 03.02.2010 10:26, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
> Hi henrik
>
> if you get a chance to have a look at the slice I uploaded it would be good.
> I like the idea that people have a look at other code, which is what we do when we integrate
> now for my own code I always feel nervous :)
>
> Stef

Got time tonight, here's my comments:

DigitalSignatureAlgorithm class >> testExamplesFromDisk
May be better as a real test than as a class-side method? The method
usage change seems fine though ;)

FilePackage >> fromFileNamed:
Should be inlined in the class-side method called the same, and removed.
Only this method is ever called anyways, and it makes less sense to
accept from... style initialization methods on the instances.

MCVersionReader class >> file:streamDo:
Could instead be inlined in versionFromFile which is the only sender,
then removed.
The way it's now, it's really only a MCVersionReader-specific alias for
the exact same method :)

MCVersionReader class >> versionFromFile:
     ^FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: fileName do: [:fileStream | self
versionFromStream: fileStream]

UUIDGenerator>>makeUnixSeed
You set the stream to binary, there should be no need to set the
converter as well (it won't be used in binary mode).

Other than that, the changes look ok to me, and make the methods easier
to read (imo)

Cheers,
Henry