[Pharo-project] Newbie question deploying smalltalk applications

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 03:43:36 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Nathan Tuttle <nathan.tuttle at gmail.com>wrote:

> I am a ne smalltalker. Trying to figure out how to launch apps to
> users. I have a nice image.but how do I present to someone to use who
> is not a developer?

Nathan:  If you just want it to give it to some persons, suppose students,
maybe you can just give your own image, or the customize the OneClick as
Stef said. With the OneClick the only thing you have to do is to unzip and
double click (it works in Linux, MacOS and Windows). Even simpler than an
installer. The last OneClick image is this one:
https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/23260/Pharo1.0-10440-BETAdev09.09ONECLICK.4.zip
Although we will do a new one for Pharo 1.0 release.

You can just download it, uncompress it, change your .changes and .image for
YOURs, zip it again and that's all.

 If you want, lets say, each person in the world be able to load your code,
put it in squeaksource. Imagine this like a SVN/CVS repository.

Another option is create your own customized .exe installer. Torsted can
help you here :)
With this, you can create an .exe windows installer that will install the
vm, the image, etc.

Cheers

Mariano