[Pharo-project] DirectoryEntry does not inherit from ArrayedCollection [WAS] Re: [squeak-dev] 3.11 questions

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Wed Feb 3 12:27:47 EST 2010

Very true!

-----Original Message-----
From: pharo-project-bounces at lists.gforge.inria.fr [mailto:pharo-project-bounces at lists.gforge.inria.fr] On Behalf Of Marcus Denker
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 11:13 AM
To: Pharo-project at lists.gforge.inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] DirectoryEntry does not inherit from ArrayedCollection [WAS] Re: [squeak-dev] 3.11 questions

On Feb 3, 2010, at 5:03 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> Marcus,
>
> Rats :)  You've stolen my thunder.  Actually, I won't go as far as to say "never," but I agree.  There are places in Squeak that inherit from collections or put methods in Object, and it sure looks as though the programmer didn't know any better.

And partly, this was because it was done a very long time ago... back than, it was not known how to program with this newly invented object things. Even by the people who invented it! It's often that others, who than use it, learn how to use it better than the creators.

The same will happen with everything we will invent (if we invent anything, that is :-) ).

	Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.