[Pharo-project] Doubt in table layout mechanism

nullPointer epicfan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 05:46:23 EST 2010

> Can you send a screenshot showing the problem? I understand there is a
> problem if one cell has a bigger height, then the row got resized but other
> cells in the row don't, hence a strange appearance. Is this a problem with
> alignment?

Exactly; in the boolean column, the "editor control", a checkbox, is more
height than other cells. I search the way for the other cells behavior adapt
her size in height to row.
The container of cells, the row, dapt her size in height to cell more big. I
need too than the child cells adapt her size to row height.

Well, I don´t know if is possible. I need the knowledge of a Morphic guru :)

> PS: will the table widget be dynamic with respect to its layout? I mean,
> could we add/remove columns on the run?

For the moment allow:

-Add columns on the run.
-Change width of columns on the run ( programatically, no through the mouse
)
-Edit strings, integers and booleans values ( datatypes of columns )
-Sort columns; ascendent, descendent and original order.
-Allow add rows programmatically or through a datasource ( a collection of
objects ). I´m developing a Bindable collection for when a new object in
collection is added ( or removed ) that thing have a representation in the
UI.

The main problem is for slowly. Load 200 rows takes it 2 seconds. I will
have optimization, but before i need solution for some problems like that.

Regards.