[Pharo-project] Fwd: [vwnc] Would you start a new Smalltalk project today?

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sun Mar 22 19:06:39 EDT 2009

Semaphores and Mutexes are the lower level tools.  **Critical sections** implemented in terms of blocks are the fantastic part.

The little that I know about functional languages and their immutable data structures suggests that a LOT of copying occurs.  That has to be expensive in terms of scheduling and memory footprint.

Bill

---
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
bschwab AT anest DOT ufl DOT edu