[Pharo-project] I need some advice (was Re: [squeak-dev] Organising and Documenting Micro-Universes in Squeaksource)

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Sat Mar 21 05:24:23 EDT 2009

Guys,

Let me say few words from my experience, because such fork actually
happened to Swazoo, which maintainer I am. So, was I insulted? Well, I
was surely not happy, but insulted? No!

I took that as a competitive pressure to be even better with main Swazoo
line. To prove therefore with deeds that our branch is the best.

So please, don't mix competition with insulting. Use the competitive
pressure (anger if you wish) to ride on it and be even better! Prove
yourself with your work!

Community is wise enough to be able to choose the best contender at the
end. If you are chosen, celebrate, if you are not, analyze situation and
be better next time, but don't give up, and specially don't feel insulted!

Best regards
Janko

Keith Hodges pravi: