[Pharo-project] Preference Implementation collaboration ? (Fwd: [squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] Preference pragmas)

Cédrick Béler cdrick65 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 12:24:24 EST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de>
Date: 2009/3/5
Subject: [squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] Preference pragmas
To: The general-purpose Squeak developers list

Igor Stasenko wrote:

> http://n2.nabble.com/Preference-refactoring-again-tt2403814.html

Oh. That is indeed quite similar. Two comments:

* There is really no need to specify a #setter: in the pragma - the
name of the setter can be derived from the getter (read-only
preferences would be pointless, no? ;-)

* There is really no need to specify the default explicitly - it can
be derived from the current value when the preference is registered.

Other than that it looks good. It would be trivial to adjust my
version to use this pragma pattern but I would still prefer it if we
could collaborate on the implementation.

Cheers,
 - Andreas

--
Cédrick