[Pharo-project] A few more ideas about preferences

Alain Plantec alain.plantec at free.fr
Thu Mar 5 07:37:50 EST 2009

Igor Stasenko a écrit :
> It would be nice to have a message appear after package installation:
> 'A new preferences has been added , would you like to review them now'
> and if user answers yes - show him only those which is added.

I'm not sure it is a good idea to change something in package installation.
Preferences have to remain as simple as possible.
The preference tool can offer a way to view preferences by package.
> also, for unification - i think it is fine to treat an author settings
> (initials) as preference.
> Then if you submit any code - system could check if this preference is
> set and request it to be filled.

yes , one can have also fonts, display depth, display color, display
gradient in.
So, what about Settings or Parameters as a package name instead of
Preferences ?
cheers
alain