[Pharo-project] Call for UI gripes

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Fri Jan 30 07:38:24 EST 2009

Hi Gary,

On Jan 30, 2009, at 13:10 , GARY CHAMBERS wrote:

> Buttons - after loading you should reselect your theme to initialize
> the forms used for square button corners.

ok, works.

> menu selection - not sure what you mean. Is it a menu or a popup
> choice (in which case spacebar should be used to choose option since
> enter is likely to activate the default button in the dialog)

ah, I didn't know. Indeed, spacebar works.

> Dialogs - dialogs are tied to their originating window so will
> surface  if the window is selected. I guess you want not to show
> dialogs in taskbar (maybe a preference, definitely not one-decision-
> fits-all)

yes, I think dialogs do not need to appear in the taskbar to avoid
clutter, but that's not critical.

> Hard to read text - much better if you use a FreeType font!

ok (we will add default freetype fonts to Pharo)

> OB buttons - David and I will get there eventually!
>
> Tooltips - in what way? Making beziers from polygon morph would be
> nice and smooth, just tricky  to implement

I thought that tooltips like the ones you usually see (rectangle with
light yellow background color) would be nicer than the balloon.

> Prefs theme - I deliberately didn't touch which buttons though I'll
> probably remove it next

Feel free to do so if you like to get rid of them.

Cheers,
Adrian