[Pharo-project] newDelta >0 failed in sqUnixMemory

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Fri Jan 30 07:33:35 EST 2009

Michael Rueger wrote:
> Provoost, P (Paul) wrote:
>> I have the same problem when compiling the vm on OpenSolaris 2008-11
>> using the SUN compilers. So please do some more testing with the
>> 4.3.2. version, after all we cannot stick to old compilers, can we?
>
> Some VM maintainers can ;-)
> Windows is still officially compiled with GCC 2.95...

John McIntosh and I actually spent some time a few ago compiling VMs on
Windows and MacOS with the newest GCCs and ran into a bunch of problems,
especially concerning performance. I had to put the work on the back
burner for now, but switching to newer compilers will take a bit of
extra work at some point.

Michael