[Pharo-project] Call for UI gripes

Gary Chambers gazzaguru2 at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 29 13:15:35 EST 2009

Well, a contemporary look will always drive the computer harder...
Don't really find it a problem here though. Main PC is a 2.8MHzQuadCore, lappie is a 1.7MHz Centrino.
Guess you might benefit from faster hardware.

The SoftSqueak theme seems to be the fastest overall, curious since nicer looking than StandardSqueak (which is, essentially, a pass-through replication of the original code).

I guess a poll of some kind of benchmark for all on the list may be in order...

Thanks for the support.

Regards, Gary.