[Pharo-project] Polymorph and OB Browser Colors Quick Solution

David Röthlisberger squeak at webcitas.ch
Thu Jan 29 08:43:53 EST 2009

Hi Gary,

> Not heard from David since I emailed on 30th Dec about getting OB to be
> less hardcoded about direct use of model colours, along with having
> buttons changed to PluggableButtonMorphPlus (to use enablement rather
> than on/off state to indicate enablement)...

yep, sorry, I was busy with other stuff.

But still I'm not sure about the question I sent to you beginning of this year as an
answer to your mail from the 30th of December:

"Concerning the first issue about #adoptPaneColor:
In my Squeak 3.9 (and I think also in my latest Pharo) image this method is already
present in Morph. Is your change therefore needed at all, and if so, where should we
commit it? I don't think it should be part of OB."

To give you some more context: You once posted to the mailing list a CS-patch
containing the #adoptPaneColor: as an OB-extension method for Morph. But as for me
this method (with the same source code) is already present in Morph, I cannot imagine
that this patch fixes the problem.
I therefore think we should fix this color problem differently.
If you know another solution, please let me know, otherwise I will dive into it.

I will in the meantime look at the PluggableButtonMorphPlus issue.

Cheers,
David