[Pharo-project] why #ifNotNil: accepts parameter?

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 11:04:18 EST 2009

Very interesting stef, thanks a lot...

but now, I'm not sure of what I did with OB-Tools (I just replace
ifNotNil: [ :blah | ... ] with ifNotNilDo: [ :blah | ... ]... I
understand why the first version of ifNotNil: is done like that in
pharo... but what I do with compatibility? will pharo still support
ifNotNilDo:?
And, I also agree with lukas. blahDo: is ugly, if you have an elegant
solution... but, what I have to do with OB-Tools? I replace methods
(like before) or better I create a package OB-Tools-Squeak with
extensions for Squeak?

I know... this is hardly a "pharo issue", but maybe can provide pharo
developers of clues of what to do if they are trying to keep
compatibiity (I know, that's not a pharo goal -compatibility-, but
sometimes may be necessary).

Cheers,
Esteban

On 2009-01-27 13:09:30 -0200, Stéphane Ducasse