[Pharo-project] Workspace Enhancement

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 19:44:41 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:03 AM, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:

> It happened to me more than once, that I accidently had some huge
> objects hanging in a workspace leading to a memory leak. So
> remembering the variables can be a dangerous thing.

Mainly I was checking to see if there would be issues like this.  I often do
researchy things in workspaces which grab only large amounts of memory
(100's of MB), and forget to nil them out afterwards.  Then, weeks (or
months) later I need to shrink the image, and eventually find my way back to
the workspace where a simple nil clears them out.  I was worried that if
they were held onto in history, this would be a problem.

Keeping the strings around would be useful for me - my current image has
about 20 workspaces open (and in 3.10 dev, this results in lots of minimized
window title bars).  Being able to store them off in history would be nice.

-Chris