[Pharo-project] robust indeed!

Cameron Sanders csanders.personal at functional-analyst.com
Tue Jan 20 10:18:38 EST 2009

After finding in Damien Cassou's web pages that a clean build of Pharo uses
version 3.9.1 of the virtual machine, I have found Pharo to be very solid
with a light-load test. I left the image running for 5 days, with 2 hours of
browsing code per day (including do-its on classes I wanted to explore) and
a little code authoring, and the system continued to behave as-expected.
There were no large and obvious memory losses and no lock-ups. It appears
very stable -- the image I am using is about 10 days old.

One problem: none of the first web pages I encountered leading me to
download Pharo indicated which VM to use. (And that's why I first went to
3.10.2 and had flaky behavior.)

Very nice works people!
Gratefully,
Cam