[Pharo-project] uiTheme Standard Squeak uses ~96% CPU

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Tue Jan 20 03:31:36 EST 2009

http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=454&can=1&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Summary&start=400

  Issue 454:
uiTheme Standard Squeak uses ~96% CPU
‹ Prev 454 of 454
1 person starred this issue and may be notified of changes.
Back to list
Owner:
----

Add a comment andmake changes below
Reported by wsgibson1967, Today (5 hours ago)
I know. As much as I really like the Watery 2 uiTheme theme I also
really like to use the Standard Squeak theme. I have found on both my
Mac and Windows systems that when using the Standard Squeak theme with
Pharo (core or dev) that the CPU usage will go very high. If a normal
amount of windows are open the CPU usage goes upwards to 96%. I do not
get this with the Watery 2 or Soft Squeak themes. In case this is
useful, I am using TrueType fonts that are standard to each platform.
To reproduce: 1) Change to Standard Squeak theme 2) Open two code
browsers and select methods from any class (just opening browsers
without drilling down to methods do not produce as much of an effect)
3) Open a Test Runner window 4) Open a Monticello Browser The CPU will
increase to roughly 96%. I also would like to mention that you guys
have done an INCREDIBLE job with Pharo! I am totally impressed with
the amount of work done with Pharo as well as its quality. Thank you
for stepping up to the challenge!