[Pharo-project] [ANN][Dev-Images] January 2000 versions

Gary Chambers gazzaguru2 at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 14 08:02:44 EST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Schwab" <BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu>
To: <Pharo-project at lists.gforge.inria.fr>
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 12:05 AM
Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN][Dev-Images] January 2000 versions

> Damien, all,
>
> Very impressive!  I am looking forward to the new parser and a few
> other things, but the results are speaking for themselves.  One cosmetic
> detail is that OB and Vistary (and even SoftSqueak) are not nearly as
> happy as OB and Watery 2.  I notice it most in the buttons, especially
> those "in" the source pane.
>
> Gary, thinking ahead some (ok, a LOT), to deployed desktop apps, have
> you given any thought to how one would create an alignment morph (or
> whatever you recommend) maximized in the world to allow the non-client
> parts of the host window to take over as the title bar and friends?  Or,
> are you expecting us to move to a way to allow individual host windows?
> At some point, I would want to create what amounts to an SDI app.
> Currently, the feel is essentially MDI.

There is a FullscreenMorph in Polymorph-Widgets that we use. StandardWindow
and subclasses support openFullscreen along with a few other bits to help
out in deployed applications (see class comment).
To change the host-windows title you will need to change your Squeak.ini
(trickier in Linux...).

Preferences class>>disableProgrammerFacilitiesWithoutWarning may also be of
some help for deployed applications ;-)

Regards, Gary.