[Pharo-project] Underscores question

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Tue Jan 6 08:46:41 EST 2009

Gwenael,

Is the plan to do this for 1.0?  Have you considered a flag for _
assignment?  It seems like something that would be most useful on
file-in, unless you think you can make it all work at the same time.

Shortly after m17n gained acceptance, I re-raised the question of
whether _ really needed a special status.  Andreas argued for the status
quo, but did so with some interesting examples.  I can't do it this
minute (will try later today unless you are already have read it), but
it might be interesting to search for that exchange and consider his
examples for your tests.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Tel: (352) 273-6785
FAX: (352) 392-7029

On Tuesday 06 January 2009 09:54:56 Lukas Renggli wrote:
> > This is not yet integrated
>
> I assume a change like that will affect many different places. Is
> there a list of things that remain to be fixed (Debugger,
> RefactoringBrowser, Method Finder, ...).
>
> Lukas

Yes, I don't have the list but I will publish the list on the mailing
list
before any public release and off course  I'll publish the fix.

Gwenael