[Pharo-project] First pharo-dev with limited package set

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 07:58:24 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Adrian Lienhard <adi at netstyle.ch> wrote:
> Question: Does this include Universes? It's not listed below but I see the
> menu item (which does not work because of a deprecation warning). I think we
> need Universes mainly because Seaside will be packaged with Universes soon,
> and being able to easily load Seaside is a key requirement for Pharo.

Universes and Installer are present. They are not listed because I
installed them by hand and not by using Universe. I will fix it for
the next version.

> Another thing we need to look at (and I planned to do this) is the open
> menu. With all the additional packages in the dev version its even worse
> than before. For example there are 3(!) items for opening a workspace

I think we need to keep two entries. Something like 'Smalltalk
workspace' and 'Text workspace'. What do you think?

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good