[Pharo-project] Throwing out the windowing support from core VM features

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 16:51:54 EDT 2008

2008/9/14 Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr>:
> Igor could you publish these changes in Squeaksource?

In what form? Changes include adding ivars to events. This kind of
change can't be packaged into MC package. Or can?
Also, i found that HostWindowPlugin missing platform sources for unix.
At least in trunk SVN branch from  which i trying to build VM.
So, first before publishing them i need to make sure that they can
work w/o HostWindowPluginю

>>> You should try it. There are much more support for Macs than for
>>
>> windoze in these changesets.
>> I had to add own Win32 specific subclass to make it working on windoze.
>>
>> My wish behind all of this is to provide clean separation between core
>> VM and UI. Then, in Hydra each image could create and manage own
>> windows.
>>
>> I just installed an Ubuntu, lets see how far i can get with building
>> squeak VM + freetype on it. I never tried to build squeak on linux,
>> but i expect it will be much easier than on windows.
>
> I hope.

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.