[Pharo-project] free fonts

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Sun Nov 30 06:33:53 EST 2008

On Nov 30, 2008, at 10:35 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> http://www.pinvoke.com/font/
>
> I think that for the demo mode we should get a better font since
> italic "" is not working well.

Yes, and not only for the demo font, but *all* default fonts should be
reconsidered now that we have the machinery in place.

I don't think that the fonts of www.pinvoke.com/font/ are particularly
well suited.

 From a mail I sent on September 22, considering the code font I wrote:

I think Bitstream Vera Sans Mono would be quite good.
I slightly prefer Monaco, which is shipped with OS X, but I don't know
its license (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monaco_(typeface)).

For an evaluation of programmer fonts see http://www.lowing.org/fonts/
Another list can be found here: http://wiki.macromates.com/Main/AlternativeFonts
The latter list, for example includes http://www.ms-studio.com/FontSales/anonymous.html