[Pharo-project] List of Type entry

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Sat Nov 22 05:38:02 EST 2008

For me the only obvious types are

Type-Defect       - Bug, soon to be fixed
Type-Enhancement  - Nice to have, not decided if and when to include

I'm not clear about these:

Type-Patch
Type-Mantis
Type-Squeak

I created them but I'm not sure if it is a good idea to have
the source of the patch inside the type. I started to add for
every mantis issue (Mxxxx) at the end of the Ticket subject. This
way it is easier to track what changes are included. And maybe this
makes Type-Mantis obsolete. What do you think?

Type-Task
Type-ToDo

are the same thing for me. And I don't like todo because it is
used for everything. I would keep Type-Task.

Type-Other

is evil to me. It does not serve any purpose other to collect cruft.

Type-NextMilestone

I would like to see that google code offers something better than
this. The next milestone is ambiguous and you have to touch every
ticket once the next milestone is reached. I fine with it but I'm
not sure those actions are taken seriously. I'll have a look at that.

First thoughts,

Norbert