[Pharo-project] Sunit Extensions breaking the TestRunner

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 04:30:06 EST 2008

2008/11/11  <bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk>:
> Stéphane Ducasse writes:
>  >
>  > Overrides are still something that we should avoid as much as possible.
>
> It's always possible to avoid overrides by having your own branch of a
> package. Exupery does that for VMMaker. That works with MC 1.x's
> merging, and allows it to track who's changed what to make it easier
> to follow downstream changes.

It may work for VMMaker (because it is quite uncommon thing), but in
broader range it will introduce even more problems.
Going with your doctrine, there can be 10 developers, each forced to
maintain own version of some basic package with own overrides.
Now, if someone would want to use all 10 projects in single image, he
will have to deal with 10 different versions of same package.
The brave soul can go through all 10 versions, spend week or two
merging them into common base.
But i don't think he would want to repeat it over and over again, in
case he wants to update one of 10 packages to new version, where some
bugs fixed or new features added.

> Bryce

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.