[Pharo-project] Inclusion of OB-Tools inside Pharo

Michael Roberts mike at mjr104.co.uk
Mon Dec 22 05:30:01 EST 2008

I'm interested at least in a discussion on the OB debugger.  This is because

1) there are definitely some bugs in the core debugger.  Is it worth
trying to fix them?  I think yes, but I'm not sure I have the skills
to identify and fix them. I just know from using the core debugger it
sure does some strange things.
2) The core debugger is missing features: stack variables, arguments,
breakpoints.  How hard is it to modify the core one?
3) do we have enough volunteer effort to maintain two debuggers? I'm
not sure we do.

I have only briefly used the ob debugger and I got a bit confused with
part of the UI so i'll need to look at it some more.  What are folks
thoughts on this key part of functionality?

Then more generally i'm not sure it makes sense to have different
tools in the core vs the dev image.  I have to admit to not fully
understanding the 1.0 release plan but looking fwds to say 2.0, 3.0
there would be benefit from pushing OB + tools into the core and just
maintaining a single high quality set of tools across all variant
images?

cheers,

Mike